Our customer is a multinational company, Renault and Hyundai first tier supplier for composite parts.
Project goal was to review manual processes, improve if possible then develop and implement a digital tool to control phases to eliminate the need of hard-copy workstation documentation.
Together with our customer, Omnium Team has performed the following activities:
- Analyse each workstation-product documentation and technological phases
- Identify unnecessary activities and remove them from operations sheets
- Develop a server side portal to:
- document products and operations
- document for each operation phases
- document product and process characteristics
- document workstation startup checklist
- add users and roles, perform a training for key users (production, quality)
- Business Analyst in charge of: process analyse from technology and IT point of view, digital tool architecture, infrastructure improvement
- Engineering and Quality consultant: process analyse and improvement from technology view, product and process quality risks identification
Our customer has positively reversed the risk of a not controlling manufacturing activities including job-setup, increase compatibility with ISO 9001 and Renault ASES requirements (positive remarks from certification bodies and main customer), and, not at last improve process performance by removing non added value activities.